Murray & Roberts Power and Energy invite suitably qualified candidates to apply for the position of Boilermaker(x88) for Kusile Site reporting to the Boilermaker Foreman. The project entails the building of 6 x 780 MW Coal Fired Super Critical Boiler for the coal fired Kusile Power Station to be erected at the Kusile Site at Mpumalanga ,Witbank, South Africa.
Suitable candidates must have the following work experience:
- Minimum 3-5 years experience working on structural fabrication
- Boiler Experience will be an advantage
- Able to work unsupervised, responsible, target orientated
- Fluent in English
- Must be able to read drawings
Suitable candidates must possess the following minimum qualifications and skills:
- Valid Trade Test Certificate
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Key Performance IndIcators:
- Structural repairs, structural erection and alterations.
- Inspect gas cutting equipment before work commences with soap tests on the hoses and fittings
- Inspect all hand tools before work commences.
- Have a sound knowledge of metal types.
- Have a sound knowledge of welding processes and electrodes and welding wire.
- Have a sound knowledge of how to manhandle equipment and materials.
- Operate rigging equipment as per instructions.
- Take reasonable precautions as stipulated to minimize hazards to other personnel and equipment during the course of the work i.e. Welding curtains to stop glare from welding, screens to stop sparks and fire blankets to prevent spatter and sparks from causing fires.
- When working in confined spaces understand and implement the safe working procedure.
- When working in elevated positions have a good understanding and knowledge and maintain safe working procedure.
- Ensure own safekeeping by wearing all required personal protective equipment when working and ensure that persons working with them comply with same instruction.
- Ensure that during all work the risk assessment criteria are followed at all times.
- Maintain a safe working environment at all times.
Tasks that may be performed
- Study drawings, plans or patterns of structures to be repaired or made.
- Mark shapes and other measurements on metal.
- Form metal plate and sections using heavy machinery.
- Join metal parts together by Tack Welding
- Perform limited Welding.
- Smooth edges by grinding.
- Use gas cutting equipment or heating equipment on metal.
- Manhandling of steel
- Handling hand tools
- Meeting of daily set targets
HOW TO APPLY