Murray & Roberts Power and Energy invite suitably qualified candidates to apply for the position of A-Class Welder (x50) for Kusile Site reporting to the Welding Foreman. The project entails the building of 6 x 780 MW Coal Fired Super Critical Boiler for the coal fired Kusile Power Station to be erected at the Kusile Site at Mpumalanga ,Witbank, South Africa.
Suitable candidates must have the following work experience:
- A minimum of 3- 5 years Welding Experience
- Power Station Experience
- Good communication skills
Suitable candidates must possess the following minimum qualifications and skills:
- Coding Certificate
- Trade Test certificate will be an advantage
- Practical Experience
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To weld deferent materials, maintain a repair rate below 5% and weld in difficult welding positions.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Attend Safety and tool box talk, must sign attendance register.
- PPE must be worn at all times.
- Make sure working area is safe to work.
- Ensure that the welding machine is setup according to WPS.
- The welder is responsible to keep all welding equipment in good working order.
- Make sure the correct welding consumables are issued that appeared on the WPS.
- Must be able to weld in difficult positions (Left and Right Hand Welding).
- Adhere to the Welding Procedure Specification.
- Visual inspection must be carried out on the fit up of the butt weld before welding.
- Any defect should be reported to the welding foreman immediately.
- Make sure the Gas flow is according to the Welding Procedure Specification.
- Back grinding of tacks and stop starts.
- When welding starts on butt weld it must be completed before the temperature cool below pre-heat temperature.
- Weld must be clean after completion.
- Visual inspection must be done.
- Maintain a repair rate below 5% as per MRPE KPI’s
- Time keeping
- Perform other duties as assigned when production requirements dictate changes.
- Output driven
- People orientated
HOW TO APPLY