Standard Bank has a vacancy for a Computer Operator in Johannesburg. The purpose of the job is to support availability of business services through detection, diagnosis and management of IT events. The Computer Operator will also be responsible for the day to day operation of the organisations computers including incident and event handling, availability and performance monitoring, routine start up and close down and routine backup and restore according to company procedures and standards.
- Detection and recording of events and incidents
- Investigation and diagnosis (Level 1 Support)
- Resolution through repeatable, authorized and non-complex procedures
- Classification of incident priority
- Functional escalation to Level 2 Support
- Hierarchical escalation to Service Managers
- Manage adherence to the Event Management process
- Ensuring operational delivery of service monitoring in line with Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Manage adhoc operational requests from internal and external stakeholders (such as, Mastercard, BankServ, etc.)
- Escalation of events and incidents as per defined Escalation Path
- Monitoring the stability and availability of business critical services (E.G. batch processing, file delivery)
- Physical hardware intervention per standard procedure
- Escorting support personnel and vendors into Data Centre
- Highlighting repeat or dated alerts to Event Management team
- Populating accurate, comprehensive and applicable Event and Incident records into overnight reports
- Administrative activities relating to shift handover and other operational requirements
- Knowledge transfer from Level 2 Support to improve range of authorized Level 1 Support activities.
- Identification of activity or information that is not compliant with the Service Monitoring framework or impedes the Service Monitoring function.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Working in a team.
- Working with IT systems.
- Dealing with customers.
- Awareness of Standard Bank business priorities, objectives and business drivers.
- Awareness of the role IT plays in enabling the business objectives to be met.
- Good knowledge of the ITIL Event Management process
- Full understanding of the Standard Bank specific Systems Monitoring process.
- Full understanding of the Standard Bank specific Event Management process and escalation paths.
- Good understanding of the IT infrastructure environment that support business services.
- Good understanding of the application environment that supports business services.
- Excellent knowledge of the monitoring tools prescribed used to support the Service Monitoring processes
How to apply
Applications close on 2 October 2015. Click here to apply online