31 October 2015
Applications are invited from employees who are in possession of preferably a Grade 12 School Certificate with Mathematics and Science and have the ability to be trained for the ultimate appointment as a Technical Worker (Ref: 50005755).
Successful applicants will be remunerated at the salary scale applicable to a Trainee Technical Worker or on their current salaries until they are competent to be appointed to the parent grade, provided that their current salary is not higher than the maximum salay of the parent grade being appointed to.
Purpose of the position
To be trained over a period of plus minus 12 months in Signalling functions including Train Working Rules in order to obtain the necessary skills to become a Technical Worker. After successful completion of all required training at School of Rail (Essellen Park) and at the depot including Train Working Rules, successful applicants will be appointed as a Technical Worker.
Applicants may not apply for learnerships in more than one area; you may only apply in the area you are residing. Applications received for multiple areas will be disqualified.
Eastern Cape – 157
Free State – 128
Gauteng – 216
Kwa-Zulu Natal – 105
Limpopo – 15
Mpumalanga – 69
North- West – 16
Northern Cape – 150
Western Cape – 289
- Well maintained and installed Signalling apparatus
- Replaced broken Signalling parts
- Completed R.C.M. task sheets
- Managed staff
- Tested equipment and parts
- Completed potential failure reports
- Completed vehicle reports
- Completed output and time allocation documents
- Performed maintenance on Signalling equipment
- Performed maintenance on batteries
Qualifications & Experience:
- Preferably a Grade 10 -12 School Certificate with maths and science.
- Be in possession of a (Code B) driver’s licence and be competent and prepared to drive such a vehicle.
• Functional knowledge of equipment • Supervising people • Read contents apart • Report writing (general)
• Signal parts • Communication • Reading • Literacy • Practical (maintenance) • Safety Act 85 • Performed maintenance and fault finding on power equipment
- Conflict handling
- Technical skills
- Replacement of Signal parts
- Company image
- People skills
- Maintenance of all Signalling apparatus being used
- Attention to detail
- Safety orientation
- Quality awareness
How to apply
To apply, please fax your Curriculum Vitae (CV) to 086 668 0991