Our Furniture Division is offering a Sales Assistant Learnership to individuals with no previous working experience, as we are committed to the development of South Africa’s youth. This is an outstanding opportunity to join Africa’s biggest retailer, be trained, upskilled and obtain a formal qualification.
Learners that successfully complete the Learnership will obtain an NQF Level 3 qualification, in selling, in a retail environment. The Learnership is a structured learning programme that is combined with practical work experience over a 12-month period. This Learnership will enable learners to understand and operate in a retail environment, identify customer needs, drive sales and deliver outstanding customer service.
During the learning period of 12-months, the learner will earn a stipend of R 2,500 per month.
Qualifications -Grade 12 with a minimum English symbol E, and minimum Mathematics symbol E (not Mathematical Literacy).
Experience None required
Knowledge None required
– Basic Computer Literacy
– Fluent in English and at least one other South African language
– Time Management Skills
– Written and verbal communication
– Inter-personal skills
– Perform sales activities to generate sales
– Identify and understand customer needs
– Provide customers with outstanding service and accurate information
– Perform sales administration duties in line with Company Policy
– Achieve sales targets by effectively selling the company’s products and/or services
– Maintain merchandising standards
– Perform prospecting activities
– Manage self and contribute to the team
Competencies Essential– Presenting and communicating information
– Persuading and influencing
– Results orientated
– Following instructions and procedures
– Attention to detail
– Taking initiative
– Desire to learn and grow
– Working with people
– Ability to work within a team
– Coping with pressures and setbacks
– Taking responsibility
– Planning and prioritising
Applicant Feedback Policy Shoprite endeavours to provide feedback to all candidates whenever possible. However, if you do not hear from one of our Recruiters by 24 January 2018, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
How to Apply
Click here to submit your application
Closing date 14 January 2018