Internal and External applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacancy in the Maintenance Department at Rand Water Mpumalanga.
( BAND) I OVERALL RESPONSIBILITY
To Assist Artisan in performing maintenance work by moving, pushing, carrying equipment spares and tools. Carry out any reasonable instruction and to perform it in a safe manner.
- Carrying of tools and materials
- To clean up machines and work area when job is completed
- Ensure good housekeeping is maintained
- Follow safe work procedures
- Assist Artisan, Workshop Assistant with job related duties and collect spares from stores
- Do plant inspections and report any unsafe conditions to the Supervisor and/or Artisan
- Standard 6 and / or ABET level 4
- N1 (Desirable but not essential)
- Good Communication Skills
- 12 Months experience in similar environment
- Electrical ,Instrument and Mechanical Background
COMPETENCY PROFILE KNOWLEDGE SKILLS BEHAVIOUR
- Hand tools
- Understanding of Safe Working Procedures
- Rand Water Safety Standards
- Good communication Skills
- Good human relations
- Co – operation with Supervisors and Artisans
- Safety Consciousness
In evaluating prospective applicants and making the final selection, preference will be given to Females and/or People with Disability to give effect to Rand Water’s Employment Equity Objectives.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED TO HUMAN RESOURCES – Mpumalanga.
CLOSING DATE: 14 September 2017
Notice number: 0005