To provide world class service by attending to teller related transactional and banking requirements; needs of clients and refer cross sell opportunities.
- Contribute to a culture conducive to the achievement of transformation goals by participating in Nedbank culture building initiatives (e.g. Surveys etc.).
- Achieve business strategy (e.g. Green Strategy) by participating and supporting corporate responsibility initiatives.
- Seeks opportunities to improve business processes and systems by identifying and recommending effective ways to operate and add value to Nedbank.Act as Brand ambassador by displaying appropriate behaviour and Nedbank values.
- Enable the further processing of inter-bank transfers by preparing all transactional documents and originals (WASTE) in the required format by the required deadline for hand over to couriers.
- Ensure accuracy and prevent fraud; risks and losses by authenticating clients and transactions and by following relevant procedure and policies. Prevent fraud; risks and losses by referring any occurrences outside of mandate or authentication procedure to the Team Leader.
- Comply with risk standards and take corrective action (i.e. investigations of inter-teller transfers) by confirming actual cash on hand and bank cheques on hand balances (could include branch holdings / treasury)against system balances; at start of day; end of day and at regular intervals.
- Avoid and minimise losses by controlling counter and drop safe limitsaccording to policy.
- Minimise losses and ensure corrective action is taken as per procedure and policy by immediately declaring discrepancy in actual cash on hand and bank cheques on hand balances against system balances to management.
- Ensure an understanding of client’s needs by providing world class service to clients by greeting; listening and asking questions.
- Deliver on identified client needs by following the appropriate process and procedures and through providing feedback;satisfying client needs; building client relationships and through client retention. Provide sales leads and enable cross-selling (without advising) of products by identifying; making suggestions;and referring to the relevant department for action.
- Remain current and stay abreast of Nedbank risk and compliance requirements by reading the relevant newsletters; websites and attending sessions.Improve personal capability and future growth by identifying training courses.
- Create and manage own career through guidance and support of Team Leader; department and colleagues.Understand and support the Nedbank values in all business processes through all engagement opportunities.Contribute to the achievement of team goals by ensuring own participation.
Minimum Experience Level
6 months’ customer facing experience in a retail environment will be an advantage
Grade 12 with commercial subjects.
Type of Exposure
- Answering customer questions
- Interacting with external customers
- Changing behaviour to meet the demands of changes at work
- Managing customer expectations
- Interacting with diverse people
- Performing teller transactions
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Customer service principles
- Relevant product knowledge
- Governance, Risk and Controls
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Applied Learning
- Stress Tolerance
- Quality Orientation