South Africa has a great need for skilled, qualified emergency care providers (Mediclinic). The profession has grown enormously over the last 25 years. It can no longer be considered a job but rather a professional calling. A commitment to patient care, professional integrity and lifelong learning is vital to success in this careers
Mediclinic and ER24 invite Emergency Care Technician Learners who are interested in studying for a Diploma in Emergency Medical Care. This two-year training programme is available at Mediclinic Learning Centre Cape Region in Bellville. Training entails the following courses: Professional Practice; Anatomy & Physiology; Integrated Sciences (Physics & Chemistry), and Emergency Medical Care (Theory, Clinical Skills, Clinical Practice) among others.
On graduation learners are equipped to render lifesaving emergency care to critically ill patients. Graduates will be equipped with an Advanced Life Support qualification and professional registration with the Health Professions Council of South Africa as an Emergency Care Technician (ECT).
- Grade 12 admission to a diploma programme or equivalent with an average of 50%
- Old senior certificate: D-aggregate (950 marks)
- Mathematics at NQF level 4 with a minimum mark of 40%
- English at NQF level 4 with a minimum mark of 40%
- Physical Science at NQF level 4 with a minimum mark of 40%
- Recognition of prior learning based on criterion-referenced assessment for learners with healthcare related experience, if applicable
The following selection criteria apply:
- Meet all the minimum entry requirements
- Successful interview
- Successful completion of a fitness and phobia test
The following documents will be required:
- Short CV
- Certified copy of your grade 12 certificate or final grade 11 academic results
- Certified copy of the first page of your ID book
- Proof of a non-refundable application fee paid
- Proof of South African citizenship, if applicable
For any enquiries contact Mediclinic on Tel: 021 943 6000.
Application Closing date: 30-10- 2016.
How to apply