Our business employs over 20 000 permanent employees and a further 25 000 temporary staff who consider us the best retail company to work for. People, who are action-oriented, smart, exude dynamism and savvy, thrive in a diverse environment and exploit opportunities to grow and develop, and those who are passionate about customer service and are resilient in an environment of continuous change will flourish in a career at Edcon.
Our culture is driven by the following imperatives:
- a constructive leadership style;
- an aspiration to remain an Employer of Choice,
- a critical focus on attracting and retaining employees from designated groups;
- incentivised customer-focused employees;
- a sustainable high performance environment;
- an intertwining organisational growth with individual growth; and life-long learning.
The culture of Edcon creates favourable conditions for effective employment equity implementation.
At Edcon we recognise that the sustainability of our success lies in our people. Edcon is committed to attracting the right people for our business. We offer competitive remuneration packages and recognition schemes to ensure that we make the right investment in our employee’s career at Edcon. Once on-board, we pride ourselves in providing our employees with an integrated learning experience to both unleash their full potential and build their capacity to meet current and future business requirements.
These are but a few reasons why Edcon is not only the largest retailer in Southern Africa, but also an Employer of Choice.
HOW TO APPLY