Airlink is looking for a Baggage Handling Agent in Polokwane, to ensure the handling of passenger’s baggage on and off the aircraft.
- The minimum education requirement is a Grade 12 certificate or equivalent.
- Must have customer services skills.
- Must be literate, numeric and have good comprehension of English.
- Must be willing to work shifts.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Will attend training as and when required to do so.
- The employee shall be accountable for ensuring operations are conducted in accordance with applicable regulations and standards of the Operator and within the confines of the AOC and relevant operational specifications.
- Responsible for the OHS in their area of responsibility and accountability reporting into this role.
- Accountable for aviation safety and security in their area of responsibility and accountability.
- Handling of all passenger baggage and cargo including sorting, loading and unloading of all items.
- Assist with cleaning of aircraft on turnaround.
- Acts as liaison in communicating between the crew and other services such as fueling and catering.
- Ensure serviceability of ground equipment.
- Assist Ramp Staff in overseeing the loading and offloading of baggage and Sky check.
- Responsible for the replenishment and stock of the uplift.
- Assist with check-in or boarding when requested.
- Convey flight figures and any relevant paperwork to the crew.
- Convey documentation to Customs and Immigration for all regional flights, if applicable.
- Assist with wheelchairs, unaccompanied minors and meet and assist passengers.
- Responsibilities must be carried out in accordance with Company Standards as laid out in the manuals of procedure, and Occupational Health and Safety Standards.
- Will assist with any additional tasks within the context of the job description.
Closing date is 25 January 2016
How to apply
Click here to download the application form. Email the completed form together with your CV to Murray Mehale at email@example.com (Remember to quote this reference number on your e-mail: BHA-PTG-0116)
Via – Airlink