Duration: 4 Years
The Department of Transport is offering Apprenticeship Programme for unemployed candidates in the field of Earth Moving Equipment Mechanical in the following geographical areas. 4 YEAR CONTRACT
Mountain Rise [x2]
Port Shepstone [x2]
- N2 (Nated study at FET college) Mechanical Engineering with the following subjects passed, Mathematics, Engineering Science, Engineering Drawing / Industrial Electronics, Diesel Trade Theory OR
- Grade 12 / Matric, English, Mathematics-Core, Physical Science, Mechanical Technology or similar, Technical Drawing, Diesel Trade Theory OR
- NCV (NQF ) Level 4 – Engineering related design (Automotive) – ERD (Available at FET colleges- English, Maths, Life Orientation, Engineering Processes, Professional Engineering Practice, Applied Engineering Technology and Automotive Repair & Maintenance)
- Diesel Trade Theory.
Other skills / competencies: • Enjoy working with your hands • Initiative • Disciplined, self-motivated and committed to the programme * Minimum Code C drivers licence will be an advantage.
Short listed candidates will be required to undergo the following prior to final selection: • Panel Interview • Certificate of fitness (Doctors certificate).
Duration: Training will be over a 4 year period which will entail skills training at the accredited training centre and practical work exposure at the mechanical engineering workshops.
Department of Transport is an equal opportunity employer. Preference will be given to suitable qualified candidates from the designated groups in line with the Department’s Employment Equity Policy and Plan. Pre-screening, profile testing, medical and security clearance form part of the recruitment and selection process. Employment of the successful candidates is subject to the aforementioned criteria above. Preference will be given to candidates who resides within the identified geographical areas. Proof of residence is a requirement.
Directions to candidates: Please complete an application form which is available on (http://www.kzntransport.gov.za) , or at the nearest Department of Transport offices and a comprehensive CV, certified copies of the qualifications, ID, together with the proof of residence to the contact person mentioned below. Failure to submit the required documentation will result in the application not being considered.
NB: If you have not heard from us within 30 days of the closing dates, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Closing Date: 09 October 2018
How to Apply
Applications are forwarded to the Human Resource Directorate, Private Bag X 9043, Pietermaritzburg 3201 or hand delivered to 172 Burger Street, Pietermaritzburg 3201 for the attention of Lizwie Phetha.
- Ladysmith Region: Mr M.P. Ntuli on tel: (036) 638 4401.
- Pietermaritzburg Region: Mr S.S. Shabalala on tel: (033) 392 6600.
- Empangeni Region: Mr L.M. Pillay on tel: (035) 787 1442.
- Durban Region: Mr N. Shoba on tel: (031) 700 2222.