To acquire knowledge, skills and technical competencies in the respective engineering discipline in order to perform
maintenance and troubleshooting tasks on plant equipment.
- Grade 12 with Mathematics & Science (HG) or Technical Matric.
- National Technical certificate (N5) or higher in the relevant engineering discipline.
- Must be a team player.
- High energy levels and action orientated.
- Mental alertness, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Conceptual skills
Output and Accountabilities
- Complete the 3-4 year apprentice programme as per company/seta requirements
- Maintain equipment
- Evaluate and repair breakdowns
- Maintain safe and clean working environment
- Problem solving ability
- Work in teams and independently
- Self-driven /motivated
- Attention to detail
- Coaching ability
- Machine specific technical competence
- Able to work shifts