Applicants are Invited to apply to study towards the Diploma in Nursing (Psychiatric.Community and Midwifery) in 2016 at one of the Following Gauteng Nursing Colleges:
• Ann LatskyNursing College
• CMs Hani Baragwanath Nursing College
• SG Lourens Nursing College
• Must be a South African citizen, 35 years of age or younger who resides in the Gauteng Province
• In possession of one of the following school leaving certificates: A Senior Certificate, a National Senior Certificate or a National Certificate (Vocational) Primary Health.
The following subject criteria are required: Senior Certificate: English HG D or SG C, Biology HG D or SG C and an M score of 15. National Senior Certificate: English Level 4, Life Sciences Level4 and an APS of 25 • National Certificate (Vocational) Primary Health: Fundamental subjects 50%and Vocational subjects 60% • Current Grade 12 learners must meet the National Senior Certificaterequirements in their Grade 11 marks.
Competencies and Attributes
• Problem-solving ability • Patience • Love of people • Organizational ability • Leadership ability • Flexibility • A sense of humour • Calmness during a crisis • Communication, numeracy and life skills • Computer literacy • Study skills • Honesty• Compassionate and caring Individuals who are prepared and willing to work night duty weekends and public holidays are invited to apply for a limited number of Student Nurse posts. All short-listed candidates will undergo a compulsory assessment and following further short listing an interview.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo medical surveillance. including a medical examination and security verification of all documentation.
NOTE: Applicants will be required to submit documents as proof of identification, marital status.school leaving certificates, post-school qualifications and South African Nursing Council registration certifications and receipts as relevant.
SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE REQUIRED:
• To sign an agreement with the Department of Health to serve a year for every year spent in training • To attend lectures to absorb essential information • To gain invaluable experience by working shifts. including public holidays, weekends and nights • To work In hospitals and clinics in the
following disciplines: General, psychiatric.community and midwifery.
ENQUIRIES: Call Centre: 086042883641 Ms IC Mngomezulu. tel. (01 1) 355 3514or Ms R Naidoo. tel. (011) 355 3847
CLOSING DATE: 08 MAY 2016
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online on the following
We welcome applications from persons with disabilities.It is our intention to promote representivity In the Public Service through the appointment of student nurses In January 2016 for the 4-year diploma In Nursing leading toregistration as a Nurse (General. Community. Psychiatry) andMidwife (Goy R425).